Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Becoming Happy Ever After


I'm a romantic at heart and I love hearing everyone's love stories, friends and strangers.  I don't discriminate when it comes to hearing a love story. I like a good romantic book, movie or reality show. They always make you feel so warm and fuzzy and always put a smile on my face and sometimes bring a tear to my eye. Kevin always teases me when we watch a movie with romance in it because I usually end up crying at some point. I can't help it. Give a girl a break hubs!

Kevin and I met on a Saturday night in December of 2009. I was with some girls hanging out and he was at his usual place of interest, Buffalo Wild Wings. *Side note: Kevin is a sports fanatic! He's a little obsessed and might need therapy for it one day! Kidding, but he really does watch it EVERYDAY and is always on the computer reading about it. Some of are petty little arguments are over this.* Anyway, back to how we met. One of the girls I was with was dating a long time family friend of mine (they are getting married in June!) who was also at BWW with the same group of guys Kevin was with. The girls decided to stop by BWW to see what the guys were going to be up to the rest of the night. We got there and I did not pay ANY attention to Kevin because he was somewhat anti-social and zoned in to whatever team was playing on TV that night. Imagine that! (Kevin is one of the most social people I know, which is funny thinking back to that night.)

 A little while later our group decided to go to another local hang out and that is when Kevin came up to me and introduced himself and asked if I would like to go out with him sometime. I gave him my number and I honestly didn't think he would call. I was wrong! He called the next night and told me that some of the same group that he was hanging out with the night before were going out to eat that Monday night and asked me to go. So I went and glad I did because it was nice getting to know him a little better in a group setting and I wasn't as nervous. (Yeah right, who am I kidding! I could barely eat!) The night ended well and has asked if I would like to go on a date by ourselves the next weekend and I accepted the invite. We went to one of our favorite restuarants, Superior Grill and the to a movie, Brothers. And guess what? I cried. Yes on our first official date I balled my eyes out. If you haven't seen the movie it is a tear jerker!!!

We continued dating and getting to know each other and quickly realized that we had tons of friends in common and lots of common interests. How we had never met before then I will never know.  About 3 months into it dating we talked marriage. Little did I know that on that December night that I would meet the man I would marry. They always say that the one will come when you aren't looking and least expect it and boy did it!

I will post our engagement story next! It's a good one you won't want to miss! 
Happy hump day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! It makes my day!