Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Weekend

This past weekend was filled with a lot of fun activities for us. Friday we had dinner with my best friend Betsy, her boyfriend Matt, her mom and my mom. It was good to see them and catch up. Life gets busy for all of us these days so dinner and seeing each other doesn't happen as often as we like. Friday was also my mom's first time to get out since her surgery.  I was so glad she got to go to dinner with us and see something other than the walls of her house.

Saturday Kevin, Betsy, Matt, my brother, cousin and some others ran a 5k here in town called the Motherwalk to support Ovarian Cancer research. Friday after dinner, Betsy and I had a great time decorating shirts for our team to wear. Our team name was BeBe's babies. My mom also got to go go along with us to support all of us that were running in her honor. It was perfect weather for the run! It had rained the night before and cooled everything off. There were a lot of people running for the cause. It was such a good feeling to know that many people care about Ovarian Cancer Research. Our team pretty much rocked and we had a great time!

Later that afternoon Kevin and I went to his best friend's 3 year old daughter's (Anna Kyle) birthday party. It was probably the greatest 3 year old party I have ever seen. They had a pretty white pony giving all the little ones pony rides. They had a blow up jump thingy and to top it all off a hay ride. All the decorations were hand made and absolutely precious!  Thank you pinterest for all the fabulous ideas you give all these mamas! They even used hay bails as seats at the tables. I should have taken pictures, but completely forgot to take my camera and my phone in.

Saturday night we went to a friend's house down the street and had a crawfish boil. And finally Sunday we went to church and then spent Mother's Day with our mothers and my Grandmother!

As you can see it was a very busy weekend. We needed a weekend for our weekend. I enjoy having lots of fun things to do and events to attend on the weeekends, but sometimes it can be exhausting and make me more tired than I was at the end of the week. I'm ready for our vacation in June! 
Tootles for now! I will hopefully get out a more interesting post tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! It makes my day!