Friday, May 4, 2012

Life

*Warning: This post is gonna be a deep one!

Life has been really tough lately. I have always seemed to have pretty big life changing moments throughout my life; more than anyone should have to deal with especially at such a young age. I always know that I will get through those storms and seasons with the support of my family, friends and most importantly God.
A month ago my mom was diagnosed with a recurrence of Ovarian Cancer. It came back almost exactly five years after the first occurrence. She had surgery the first time to remove all of her female parts.  This time it came back in the same area but attached itself to the colon, bladder and female genital. Fortunately they were able to get the whole tumor out again. Unfortunately, she will have to go through another round of chemo that will last at least a year and half. She is a fighter and will win this battle again! God will once again heal here of this nasty disease! I know that she will live many many more years and see the birth of my children one day and see them grow up!
As her daughter this has been so heart wrenching to watch her go through this AGAIN! Many times when I was staying at the hospital with her and even when she came home and Kevin and I were staying with her I would have to fight back the tears and tell myself to keep it together for her.  My mom is a very strong woman and I know she will get through it this time just like she did the last. I have to be the strong one in this situation, which has been hard at times.

Photobucket 

Growing up she was a great mom and now that I am grown and married she has become one of my best friends.  She was always there for my brother and I and she did a darn good job raising us by herself for what some consider some of the most challenging years of childhood. My father died from cardiac arrest when he was only 40. I was only nine at the time.  She made sure we had everything we needed and then some. She raised us in a loving Christian home and has helped mold us into the individuals we are today.  Now I am the one reassuring her that everything is going to be okay and making sure she is ok.  It's crazy how roles in life can reverse so quickly and so early. You never expect when you are in your mid-twenties that you will have to deal with such grown up things with your parents. Life sometimes comes too quickly and that is when we have to so grateful for what we have and not take for granted our relationships with others.

With God's help our family will get through this and not only get through it, but come out of it even stronger! Every event and every season in life has its purpose. I know that God uses those to mold us and to continue to mold us into the person he wants us to be.

If you don't mind keep my mom in your prayers as she continues to recover from surgery and as she prepares to start chemo! Thanks y'all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy Cinco de Mayo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! It makes my day!