Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Closer to My Happy Ever After

August 2010: I was in Pine Bluff, Arkansas for work and Kevin back home. We decided before I left that we would meet up in Memphis at The Peabody Hotel for the  next weekend to see each other and have a quick trip in Memphis. We had not gone a weekend apart since we met so we thought it would be fun to meet in Memphis for a quick trip. When I got to Arkansas a little kink was put in our plan and I was told I would have to stay in Arkansas to work and would not be able to go to Memphis to work. After being in Arkansas through the week my boss told me on Friday morning that I could go to Memphis after all. I was ecstatic and called Kevin on the way to the courthouse and told him that we could go. He was somewhat hesitant which I thought was really weird, but told me to go ahead and book the room. So in the middle of the courtroom I am on my laptop booking a room at The Peabody for Saturday night. It was a 4 hour drive for both of us so we agreed that we would just get up early Saturday morning and head up there and just stay one night.



Saturday morning, August 21 I woke up and hit the road. We both got to The Peabody about the same time and checked in. Kevin was adamant about asking what time the rooftop floor closed, which at the time I didn't think anything of. I just thought he wanted to make sure we got to go up there and look at the city at night before it closed.  After we checked in and got settled in our room we decided we would grab some lunch from a local Bar-B-Q joint, walk  around Beale Street and then take a quick nap before our dinner reservation Kevin had made that night.

Fast forward to post-nap time....I get a shower and get ready and then Kevin gets ready while I'm finishing up. He is acting really weird and takes his bag in the bathroom with him and shuts the door. At this point I think something is up, but kind of ignore it (not really though). We go to dinner and it was yummy.  Kevin was a little quiet, but assured me he was okay. We go back to the room so I could change shoes because we were going to go to walk around Beale Street and experience the night life for a little while before calling it a night. We went up to the roof top on The Peabody to see where the ducks sleep, at least that's what I was told we were doing!  When we got to the roof top Kevin decides he needs to go to the restroom (later I found out he was taking the ring box out of his sock and putting it in his pocket)....Inside I'm screaming "we just went to the room, wouldn't you have used the bathroom there."  While waiting on him I manage to get the butterflies anticipating what may or may not be happening and tell myself to be cool and don't give away to him that I might know something is about to happen that is going to change my life forever!!!  We go outside and walk around and look at all the pretty lights and the skyline of downtown Memphis at night and then next thing I know Kevin is on one knee!!!! He said some stuff that I don't remember because I was more focused on what was happening and couldn't wait to see the ring!

It was beautiful and everything I had hoped for! The ring and the moment! We went back to the room and celebrated with some wine and called our parents and my best friend! Then made our way out to Beale Street to continue our celebrating. I hated that I had to go back to Arkansas and not go home with him to celebrate more with our friends and family. The week thankfully went by fast and I was home the next weekend!

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment or man!

To see the beginning of our Love Story go Here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! It makes my day!