Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Faith


In life there are struggles and hard times. We are not promised a life of pure, constant happiness . There will be good times and bad times, happy times and sad times. I have had several seasons in my life that have not been so happy due to tragic events  that were out of my control. Although I have had to face many life atlering moments, I have chosen to make the most out of everything and eventually turn turmoil into happiness. At the age of 9 my dad passed away unexpectedly. Five years ago my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and was just recently diagnosed with a recurrence that has spread to her liver, hip and abdomen. These are just three of the seasons, one of which I am currently going through, that I have not enjoyed by any means.   Losing a dad at a young age and watching your mom battle a nasty disease is heart wrenching.  I have also lost a best friend to suicide while I was in the midst of going through a very bad situation with an ex-boyfriend while in college. This was my lowest point in life. I do not wish any of the latter on ANYONE! I have become stronger through it all and hope to help others that might go through the same things because I have been through it. Sometimes it is just an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on.

I have always been a church-goer and had a relationship with God, but when the unexpected hits us like a ton of bricks it is so hard to not question God. In those times I seek God and dig into his word. It is what keeps me going. I have to say, I am not the best when it comes to reading my Bible daily and during the difficult seasons in life God is faithful and always points me to what I need to see and read in His word. It is so refreshing to know that when I am not always faithful, He is and his unconditional love for me gets me through this thing we call life.

No matter what you are going through know that God is there when no one else seems to be. I'll leave you with this quote that I try to live by daily!  Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Ashley! This is so beautiful...so glad I found your blog! Looking forward to following...love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious & so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so brave and i admire your faith so much, friend.

    praying you had a wonderful start to your week.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! It makes my day!